Commonly Treated Conditions
Most often people come in with complaints of pain:
- Headaches (including migraines, jaw issues and post-concussion problems)
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Neck and back pain (including scoliosis and pinched nerves and sciatica)
- Arm and leg issues (including shoulder, wrist, hip, knee and ankle conditions)
- These problems can be recent or long-term. They may be related to sports injuries, car accidents, falls, surgeries, birth or other traumas.
Osteopathic care can also improve:
- Breathing (including asthma)
- Digestion (such as heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome)
- Chronic issues such as fatigue and rheumatological conditions, including fibromyalgia
Osteopathy is gentle enough for children and babies, and is particularly useful for those with:
- Latching/sucking problems
- Ear infections
- Especially after difficult births
Pregnant and nursing women, who wish to avoid medications, seek Osteopathy for back pain, heartburn, nausea and other complaints.
Older adults who may prefer bodywork without strong forces find Osteopathy to be helpful as well.
As Osteopathy involves a truly holistic approach, it supports the body’s ability to self-regulate by restoring its normal structure and function. Therefore, Osteopathic Manipulation can be beneficial for a wide range of health issues including, but not limited to, the the above conditions.