What is so important about the face?
It is the place we meet. It is a place of personal recognition and individual expression.
Osteopathic and advanced light force (ALF) functional orthodontics support natural function and optimize the expression of the individual’s true potential. The ALF supports the inherent healing forces within the body and natural facial development by encouraging proper function of the tongue. Osteopathic treatment helps remove the impediments to full expression of health throughout the body, including the face and mouth.
Holistic Dentists and Cranial Osteopaths have long collaborated in the treatment of conditions related to the teeth, jaw, mouth and face. DOs trained in cranial osteopathy can assist in oral-facial development by releasing restrictions and optimizing function throughout the body.
Who can benefit from Osteopathic and ALF treatment?
- Almost anyone, including young children
- Children with night sweats, move a lot in their sleep, or cannot wake themselves in the morning
- Those with bruxism (teeth grinding)
- Open mouth breathers
- Those with tongue thrust, lisp, speech problems
- Those who snore and/or suffer from obstructive sleep apnea
- Those with TMJ (temporomandibular joint) dysfunction
- Children, teenagers and adults with pain in the head/neck/shoulder area
- Children with behavioral and developmental issues
- Many other conditions can be supported with Osteopathy and ALF functional orthodontia
Learn more about the ALF team approach to functional orthodontia in the following videos: